To provide material, physical, and spiritual support to the members of the congregation who have identified their need.
- On a case-by-case basis, consider the needs of church members who present themselves with a need, and provide support as necessary.
- Coordinate efforts to help members in emergency situations.
- If possible, refer the individual(s) in need to another member of the congregation who is able to assist, or to a local organization who is able to fill the need.
- Uphold confidentiality and privacy requirements by ensuring that information is passed on a need-to-know basis.
- Coordinate hospital visits.
- Coordinate the efforts to help shut-in members, new mothers, single parents, and widows through visits, care, home repairs, Lord’s supper, meals, and other services.
- Manage the non-perishable food pantry in the church building and account for the distribution of the goods to members.
- Mail out church bulletins to those who need them.
- Create and send personalized greeting cards to encourage members.
Elder Wayne Turner
Deacon Leonard Johnson